Yield: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 428 | Total Fat:3.4 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 344 mg | Carbohydrates: 78 g | Dietary Fiber: 20.1 g | Sugars: 11.1 g | Protein: 24.8 g | Smart Points: 12 |
1½ cups cooked black beans
1½ cups cooked red kidney beans
5 cloves garlic
1 medium sweet potato
1 medium head cauliflower
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 cups canned no-salt added tomato sauce
½ teaspoon ground allspice
1½ teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
¼ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1½ cups full-fat canned coconut milk
1. Rinse and drain black beans, and kidney beans.
2. Chop onions and mince garlic.
3. Peel sweet potato and chop into large chunks.
4. Wash cauliflower and divide into florets.
5. Transfer onions, garlic, potato, and cauliflower to slow cooker.
6. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, all spice, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, ginger, and oregano. Cook on high for 6 hours. Stir in coconut milk.
7. Just before serving, pull leaves from corriander and chop. Cut limes into wedges.
8. Serve stew hot with corriander and lime wedges.